About National Legal Rights Consortium
The National Legal Rights Consortium is a part of the Women’s Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (WICCI), which is a premier National Business Chamber for Women envisioning Global Impact for Women Entrepreneurs, Businesswomen, and Professionals from all walks of life.
Supported by the massive global and influential women’s networks viz. G100, ALL Ladies League (ALL), Women Economic Forum (WEF), and SHEconomy, with 250,000 members and industry leaders worldwide, WICCI drives fundamental changes in governmental policies, laws, incentives and entrepreneurial ecosystems, with a view to robustly encourage and empower women in business, industry, and commerce across all sectors and fields. Representing a wide variety of sectors of industry, economy, and society, WICCI actively engages the voices of thousands of women entrepreneurs and professionals.
About the Opportunity
Madhya Pradesh Legal Rights Consortium, an aegis of NLRC-WICCI invites online applications for the membership of State Legal Rights Consortium for the term 2024-25. The membership is open to female law students of India with a drive to promote and protect rights in our country. Each State Legal Rights Consortium will be comprised of a minimum of 20 Consortium members, a Vice President and a President, who will be working to achieve the following:
- Advocating for Legal Rights- The consortium is dedicated to participating in initiatives for reform and advocating passionately for the protection and improvement of rights at both the state and federal levels.
- Raising Awareness- As part of our mission, the consortium prioritises educating the public about their rights and empowering them to exercise them.
- Providing Legal Assistance and Support through a network of the community of advocates- Recognising the importance of access to justice, we offer aid and resources to individuals who are unable to afford services through pro bono services provided by advocates.
- Engaging with Legislators- Our consortium will collaborate with lawmakers and Government agencies to influence the creation and amendment of laws that align with principles of justice and uphold rights.
- Monitoring and Reporting- We diligently monitor the landscape for any rights violations and promptly report instances of abuse or injustice that come to our attention.
- Law students from a university/college recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- Prior experience interning with legal firms, organizations, and advocates.
- Experience handling social media, public relations, or developing graphics/visual content
- Proficiency with design programs like Adobe, Canva
- This opportunity is only for women.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Member of the Consortium, you play a vital role in furthering our goals and fulfilling our mandate to serve our stakeholders.
- Working closely with other Consortium leaders like the President and Vice President to develop a unified strategic vision and multi-year roadmap based on our organization’s core mission, values and objectives. As a Member, you will provide your unique ideas, expertise and perspectives to help shape where we are headed and how we will get there.
- Actively collaborating with your fellow Consortium Members to build a highly engaged, solutions-oriented leadership team. This involves clearly defining roles, fostering open communication and debate on key issues, and presenting a unified front to our community.
- Leading targeted community education and outreach efforts in areas connected to the Consortium’s mandate. This public-facing work aims to broadly share knowledge and understanding, spotlight best practices, nurture talent and skills development in others, and build inspiration and excitement that energizes people towards personal growth and collective progress.
- Developing specific policy recommendations, incentive proposals, public-private partnership concepts, and other tangible ideas to move the needle on economic and social matters relevant to our organization’s mission positively. As a respected community leader, you will interface with appropriate government agencies, industry bodies and other institutions to educate and advocate for implementing Consortium-approved program concepts at various jurisdictional levels.
As an influential Member of our leadership team, your multifaceted efforts—from strategic planning for the future to hands-on community engagement and high-impact proposal development—are essential to realizing our vision for change and fulfilling our mandate.
February 1, 2024.
How to Apply?
Apply by filling out the form given below this post.
In case of any query, kindly mail to email@example.com.