The upcoming National Conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice, 2020 with the Legal Aid Awards will reflect and take stock of how far India has come as a country since the promulgation of the Democratic Constitution in 1950. It will envision an India where Human Rights are protected, respected and fulfilled; Gender Justice is observed and Legal Aid is available to all.
The Conference will bring various stakeholders and youth to take stock and envision this future together; and to explore how to support and realize the opportunities presented by the Youth Dividend through Sustainable Development Goals.
Through this Conference, we aim to highlight the gap created between genders and how this gap in many ways violates the Human Rights, as a result of which there comes difficulties in providing Legal Aid. This National Conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice is organized with an aim to bring together academicians, students, human rights activists and other intellectuals on one platform to discuss the
various issues concerning human rights and to discuss the measures to curb such issues.
- Human Rights of Women and Children
- Status of Indigenous People and Minorities with special reference to the violations of their Human Rights
- Human Rights and Terrorism
- Human Rights violation of Migrant Workers
- Human Rights of Aged and Disabled
- Human Rights violation faced by HIV/ AIDS Positive Tested people
- Violation of Human Rights as a result of Environment Deterioration
- Human Trafficking and Bride Trafficking
- Freedom, Justice, Peace, and Human Rights Today
- Women in Conflict, Refugee Crisis and Gender Justice
- Gender sensitivity of the justice delivery mechanisms
- State responsibility to protect gender discrimination
- Women’s property and inheritance rights
- Gender discrimination in marriage and divorce
- Gender-based violence
- Role of society in curbing gender injustice
- Gender injustice on social media
- Women’s representation and participation in politics/justice
- Challenges to legal aid for gender protection
- Challenges to legal protection of third gender
- Role of NGO’s in advocacy for Human Rights
- Constitutional Rights and Safeguards Provided to the Vulnerable Groups in India
- Legal services for under-trial prisoners, women/child victim of trafficking and juveniles in juvenile justice system
- Role of NGO’s in advocacy for Human Right
- Enforcement Mechanism and Protective Laws : National Perspective
- Constitutional Rights and Safeguards provided to the vulnerable groups in India
- Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and LGBTQ Rights
- Religion, Culture and Human Dignity
- Protection of Children from Sexual Offences: A SocioLegal Analysis with Special Reference to POCSO Act and Protection of Human Rights
Kindly note: The above list is not exhaustive and the session proposals can be on any title related to Human Rights.
- The abstract shall not exceed 300 words.
- It should include the title of the paper, keywords, the presenter’s name, designation, institutional affiliation, mailing address, contact number and Email ID.
- The abstract should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
- Kindly mention the title of the abstract along with details of co-author (if any).
The abstract shall be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Abstract – National Conference”
All submissions should be sent in .doc/.docx format only.
- The length of full paper including tables, diagrams, illustrations, references, etc. should be 2500-8000 words.
- The paper should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing. The margin of 1 inch on all sides must be maintained throughout the paper.
- Bluebook 20th Edition/APA shall be strictly followed for Footnoting and referencing.
- The full paper should be submitted in soft copy and shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Full Paper – International Conference” along with the certificate of originality duly filled by the presenter(s).
- All submissions should be sent in .doc/.docx format only
Last Date for submission of Abstract: 5th January, 2019
Intimation of acceptance of Abstracts: 2-3 days
Last Date for submission of Full Paper: 10th January, 2020
Conference Date: 19th January, 2020