About the Institution
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), established in 1981, is today a globally reputed deemed to be University in Mumbai. It stands proud with its campuses spread across various corners of the country at Indore, Shirpur, Dhule, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Navi Mumbai, and Chandigarh. NMIMS offers legal education by undergraduate programmes-B.A.LL.B and B.B.A.LL.B, presently through its Schools of Law, approved by the Bar Council of India at Indore, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai.
About the Competition
With the advancement in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) – the world is more accessible and connected than ever before. The whole idea of debate and discussions offers a positive platform to analyze modern communication’s wonders and challenges attached to it.
A logical and rational debate not only empowers the society but also provides a way forward for the future. One cannot discard the idea of modern communication web and its importance in imparting the valuable information, but the limitations attached to it need to be mooted upon too.
Bombardment of Infodemic in Times of Pandemic.
The competition is open to all the undergraduate students of any UGC recognized university/institution.
- The competition will be a virtual one and will be conducted via the Zoom application.
- Two participants will be allowed from each University/Institution
- The debate will be chaired by a ‘speaker’, who will read out the motion.
- The participants of every university/institution will be required to prepare for both the sides – FOR and AGAINST the motion.
- Each Candidate will be allotted 3 minutes for their respective stand.
- Four awards and prizes will be announced – two for winners and two for runners’ up (for and against the motion).
- The medium of communication will be English only.
- Decision made by the panel of Judges will be final and binding.
- The dress code for the activity is western or Indian formals.
- At any point of conflict, the decision of Host Institution (NMIMS, Indore), will be final and participants have to follow the same.
- School of Law, NMIMS, Indore reserves the right to alter or change the rules or procedures of the competition.
- Details and information concerning the debate will be shared through Email and WhatsApp by the organizing committee.
Interested candidates can register through this page.
The participants will have to pay the registration fees of Rs. 500 per university/Institution (Individually: 250).
Last Date of the Registration is 21st July 2020
Date of the competition is 25th July 2020
E- Certificates will be awarded to all participants.