About the Opportunity
GREAT Scholarships and British Council offers 60 scholarships from UK universities, across a variety of subjects for students from India. Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 (8,92,350.26 Indian Rupee) towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
The GREAT Scholarship
For the 2021-22 academic year there are postgraduate scholarships available.
Each GREAT scholarship 2021-2022 is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
In addition, multiple countries are eligible to apply in these latest scholarships. GREAT Scholarships UK are fully funded with more than £10,000 financial support.
- Sri Lanka
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of India.
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate (taught) programme in a UK university
- be motivated and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course
- active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK university
They expect scholars to attend lectures and tutorials and engage with extra-curricular activities.
The scholars act as an ambassador for UK higher education by sharing their experiences and promoting the value of studying at a UK university.
They may also be asked to attend a networking event with other scholars, to discuss experiences so GREAT can capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
How to Apply
- Filter the universities listed by India on the ‘find a scholarship’ page and click on the university page to access detailed information about the scholarships on offer.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.