Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 and promoting competition throughout India, and preventing activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
About the Internship
In view of the Covid-19 pandemic, the regular CCI internship program has been suspended for the time being. However, for the benefit of students, the Commission will continue its Online Internship beyond June 2021 and up to September 2021.
Read the official notification, here.
For July 2021 to September 2021 Online Internships, eligible applicants whose applications received by 7th of preceding month (for example, for internship of July 2021-application should be received by 7th of June 2021) shall only be considered.
Who is it for?
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students from recognized Institutions and Universities with exposure to Competition
- Students with a placement in hand are not eligible.
Students pursuing the following courses can apply:
Economics and Management
- MA/MSc. (Economics)
- 4th and final year students of 5-year integrated degree Programme in Economics
- 2nd and 3rd year of the
- Bachelors degree in Law (3-year course after graduation) or
- Fourth and final year of the five-year integrated course in Law and
- Students who have taken the 3rd year exam and are entering the 4th year.
Regulatory Governance: MA/MSc. (Regulatory Governance)
Professional Courses: Students of the final group of Chartered Accountancy or Cost Accountancy or Company Secretary
An amount of Rs.15,000/- per month will be given as an honorarium during the internship
How to Apply?
- Interested students may apply in the prescribed format given in the Annexure.
- Application in any other format will not be entertained.
- The application must contain a recommendation of competent authority from the academic institution, where the candidate is pursuing her / his studies. Applications received without recommendations will not be entertained.
- Applicants are required to submit a ‘Statement of Purpose’ in about 200 words broadly covering a brief introduction of the topic and objectives of the study
- The application should reach by 1st of preceding month to the month for which application is intended to be made e.g. for Dec, 2016 application should reach by 1st Nov, 2016.
- Applications in the prescribed format complete in all respects may be sent by post to reach:
- The Secretary,
- Competition Commission of India, Competition
- Commission of India, 10th Floor, Office Block, Tower.1,
- Ring Road (Opposite AIIMS) Kidwai Nagar (East), New
- Applications can also be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Envelope carrying applications should be superscribed ‘Application for Internship for Month/Year’
Duration of the Internship
- The internship is normally for a period of one month, commencing on the 1st working day of the month.
- However, applicants desirous of pursuing internships for 2-3 calendar months can also apply with due recommendation of the respective universities/Colleges/Institutions for the period applied for.
- There will be a short induction program on provisions of the Competition Act, 2002 on the 1st day of the Internship.
On certification by the concerned mentor/guide that the assigned intern has worked/completed the internship to his satisfaction, a certificate for the period of internship shall be awarded to the interns.
Shortlisted candidates shall be intimated through contact details (email ID) provided by them in their requests/applications.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Legal Aims is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.