The Centre for Civil Society (CCS) is inviting applications for its 2-month Researching Reality Internship Program. This is the 21st edition of the Researching Reality Internship.
Centre for Civil Society is a non-profit think tank based in New Delhi. The Centre was founded in 1997 by Dr. Parth Shah, former Professor of Economics at the University of Michigan. It operates as independent research and educational organization.
About the Internship Program
Researching Reality is an annual two-month internship program (7 June to 30 July 2021) that offers intensive training in policy-relevant research to undergraduate and graduate students of various disciplines. In the course of the internship, the interns frame a research question, analyze the data collected through primary and secondary sources, and author a research paper.
While research-guides steer their projects and train them, various experts, academics, and practitioners working in the field of public policy provide their knowledge and insights.
This is CCS’ 21st edition of the Researching Reality Internship Program.
To be considered for the internship program, a candidate must satisfy one of the following;
- Current student enrolled in an undergraduate/postgraduate course in any academic or professional discipline
- Working Professionals/Graduates/Researchers
Skills and Attributes
- Interest in the public policy domain
- Inquisitive and adept with basic research skills – data collection, inference, and analysis
- Be open to a fun, open, and respectable environment
- Be a team player, have strong analytical skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
The Internship is open to both Domestic and International applicants. CCS offers assistance for visa applications in the ‘Volunteer Category’ for International Students (if necessary).
There is no registration fee to apply for the program.
There is no stipend paid to Interns for the duration. However, reimbursements approved on actuals by the requisite guide/coordinator for the purpose of research are provided. Interns are requested to make their own living arrangements in New Delhi (if needed).
Application & Selection Procedure
Application: The candidates are requested to complete the application form.
- The form additionally consists of two sections dealing with a Statement of Purpose and essays as a writing sample to be considered for the Interview Round.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed through video calls if in-person interviews are not possible; In special circumstances, interviews can be conducted over the phone.
- A weighted proportion score of the Essays and Personal Interview will be used to determine the final list of selected candidates
- A second list based on contingency is generated for wait-listed candidates
- Applications can be submitted through the online portal alone. Applications via eM or post are not considered.
- The internship will primarily be conducted remotely and only a few candidates will be required to spend two months at the Delhi office. (This will be discussed in the interview round as per the availability of the person)
- The candidates will still be expected to commit to the internship full time for 8 weeks and part-time post that on the review of the research papers.
- There will be no change to the dates of the internship. (7 June to 30 July 2021)
Apply by May 10th, 2021
To know more about the internship, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Legal Aims is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.