About GLS University
GLS University was established to provide an ideal and creative learning environment and continue the tradition of excellence in the education of the sponsoring body of the University, viz., Gujarat Law Society (GLS) Gujarat Law Society, established in the year 1927, is one of the largest and oldest educational institutions in the State of Gujarat. GLS currently has more than 25,000 students pursuing graduate, post-graduate, and doctoral studies at various levels within the university and its constituent colleges/institutions.
About Faculty of Law
Faculty of Law (FOL), a constituent department of GLS University, is a premier destination for students interested in establishing a virtuous legal career and aiming to become torchbearers of Justice. The faculty of Law has emerged as the most preferred destination for legal education. The college has the advantage of senior and well-experienced faculty members in the field of Law.
About the Competition
This competition aims to provide a challenging yet fun courtroom experience to law aspirants to help them develop their analytical, critical reasoning, and advocacy skills without the need for legal knowledge or any legal training. An interactive event will allow participants to learn about the legal system and what it is like to be a lawyer. The participants will analyze the factual matrix of the situation provided and argue on the same.
Participating institutions must register by November 28, 2023, 11:59 PM by filling out the Google form at the end of the post. To confirm participation, the team should register themselves with the Registration forms duly signed by the heads of the institution along with the fees of Rs. 2500 per team. Any team requiring accommodation must pay registration fees of Rs. 5000. Any form received after the last registration day will not be allowed.
The payment of registration fees will be through NEFT, and the details are as follows:
- Bank: HDFC BANK, NEAR MITHAKHAKISIX ROAD, NAVRANGPURA, AHMEDABAD
- A/C NO: 57500000018593
- IFSC CODE: HDFC0000006
- MICE: 380240002
- Release of Moot Problem for Shri I.M. Nanavati Memorial National Moot Court Competition: October 22, 2023
- Last date for Provisional Registration via Email: email@example.com: November 21, 2023
- Last date for Registration of the Institution via Email and Google form Link: November 28, 2023
- Last date for Sending Clarifications November 25, 2023,
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy Word and PDF format) (By Uploading Memorials on Google Form): January 6, 2024
- Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy of the Memorials (2 copies from each side): January 16, 2024
- Orientation of the Event and Researcher’s Test: January 19, 2024
- Inauguration Preliminary Round, Quarterfinal Round, and Semi-final Round: January 20, 2024
- Final Round and Valedictory Ceremony: January 21, 2024
Total Cash Prize of Rs. 5 Lakhs and 46 Thousand divided as follows:
- Winning Team: Cash Prize of Rs. 2,25,000 along with Trophy and E-Certificate.
- Trophy and E-Certificate to the First Runners Up Team: Cash Prize of Rs. 1,50,000 with Trophy and E-Certificate.
- Trophy and E-Certificate to Best Advocate (Petitioner & Respondent): Cash Prize of Rs. 50,000 along with Trophy and E-Certificate.
- Trophy and E-Certificate to Best Memorial (Petitioner & Respondent): Cash Prize of Rs. 25,000 along with Trophy and E-Certificate.
- Trophy and E-Certificate to Best Researcher: Cash Prize of Rs. 21,000 along with Trophy and E-Certificate.
In case of any queries and clarifications, feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org