Are you looking for an internship opportunity? The Competition Commission of India is offering an internship program with a stipend of Rs. 15,000 per month. Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now!
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a government body responsible for enforcing The Competition Act 2002. Its main objective is to promote fair competition across India and prevent any activities that could have a significant negative impact on competition in the country. The CCI was established on October 14, 2003 and operates under the authority of the Indian government.
About the Opportunity
In order to sensitize and train students on competition law, the Commission offers internship opportunities to students of law, economics, management, regulatory governance, and professional studies.
Mode of Internship
Roles and Responsibilities
- Selected interns will be deputed to various divisions of the Commission in different batches, where work will be allocated to them under the guidance/ supervision of officer(s) assigned to them by the Divisional Head(s). At the end of the internship, each intern shall make a presentation on the work done by her/him during the period of internship, failing which no certificate and stipend will be released. Interns are expected to maintain discipline, punctuality and integrity; noncompliance whereof shall result in termination of the internship.
- The internship is a full-time programme, and hence, interns are required to observe the working hours of the Commission.
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students from recognized Institutions and Universities with exposure to Competition Law.
- Students with a placement in hand are not eligible.
- The second and third year of the Bachelor’s degree in Law (3-year course after graduation) or
- The fourth and final year of the five-year integrated course in Law and students who have taken 3rd year exam and are entering the 4th year.
INR 15,000 per month.
How to Apply?
- Interested students may apply in the prescribed format given in the Annexure on the official website. Application in any other format will not be entertained.
- The application must contain a recommendation of competent authority from the academic institution where the candidate is pursuing her / his studies. Applications received without recommendations will not be entertained.
- Applicants are required to submit a ‘Statement of Purpose’ in about 200 words, broadly covering a brief introduction of the topic and objectives of the study.
- The application should reach by the 1st of the preceding month to the month for which the application is intended to be made, e.g. for Dec, 2016 application should reach by the 1st Nov 2016.
- Applications in the prescribed format, complete in all respects, may be sent by post to- The Secretary, Competition Commission of India, Competition Commission of India, 10th Floor, Office Block, Tower.1, Ring Road (Opposite AIIMS) Kidwai Nagar (East), New Delhi-110023”.
- Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com
- Envelope-carrying applications should be superscribed “Application for Internship for Month/Year”.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.