About the Institute
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University was established in the year 2000.
Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies (VSLLS) of Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS), is committed to realizing the words of Swami Vivekananda: “Man Making, Character Building, and Nation Building”.
The institute has been recognized with an “A” grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
About the Debate Competition
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies is inviting interested and eligible participants for the Vivekananda International Debate Competition, 2022 which will be held virtually on August 4-5, 2022.
The theme for the competition is ‘Artificial Intelligence and Data Breach’.
- The competition is open to all college/university students from all countries across the globe.
- Students enrolled in any UG/PG course are eligible to participate in the competition.
- Participants are encouraged to register in a team of two under the banner of their respective institutions. Under no circumstances an institution will be allowed to register with one student.
- An institution shall be allowed to send a maximum of two teams for the competition.
Rules of the Debate Competition
- The format of the debate will be based upon the Lincoln-Douglas model of debating with a few modifications which have been enumerated below.
- The Competition will proceed in a 2 v. 2 format.
- There will be a pre-break round in the competition. In Post-break, the rounds will be Octa-Finals, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and The Grand Finale.
- 5 minutes will be given to each speaker and 1.5 minutes will be given to each team for rebuttals in the pre-break round. The time limit for the post-break rounds shall be 6 minutes per speaker and 2 minutes for the rebuttals. Motion for the pre-break round will be released 24 hours in advance and the motions for the post-break rounds will be released 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the rounds.
- In the pre-break round, based on the collective scores of each team, the top 16 teams will proceed to the post-break round. Thereafter, in each proceeding round of competition, the best team from each virtual room will proceed to the next round.
- Registration shall be on ‘first-come-first serve basis.
- Early Bird Registration fees for Indian students (per team till May 31, 2022): INR 500
- Early Bird Registration fees for International students (per team till May 31, 2022): $10
- Registration fees for Indian students (per team) (from June 1, 2022): INR 700
- Registration fees for International students (per team): $15
- Last Date for Early Bird Registration: May 31, 2022
- Limited slots for Early Bird Registration shall be on ‘first-come-first-serve basis.
Last Date for Early Bird Registration: May 31, 2022
Last Date for Registration: July 15, 2022
- The Best Team: Rs. 25,000/- (330 USD)
- Runners Up: Rs. 15,000/- (200 USD)
- Best Speaker (National Category): Rs. 2,500/- (33 USD) Best Speaker (International Category): Rs. 2,500/- (33 USD)
(Note: The Best Speaker Awards shall be awarded based on the individual performances in the Pre-Break Rounds.)
- Astha Dhawan +91 95820 42118
- Prithish Roy +91 88603 67740
- Devanshi Dharia +91 98113 30501
- Chaitanya Girdhar +91 72499 38633
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.