Definition of Medical jurisprudence
- Medical jurisprudence deals with the legal responsibilities of the medical practitioner that arise from the doctor-patient relationship.
- Medical jurisprudence is concerned with a broad range of medical, legal, and ethical issues, as well as human rights and rights of the individual.
- Medical jurisprudence also called legal medicine science that deals with the relation and application of medical facts to legal problems.
Introduction Of Health LAW
- Medical jurisprudence, that branch of medicine which treats of the application of the principles and knowledge of medicine to the purposes of the law, both civil and criminal
- Medico-legal is a term, which incorporates the basics of two sister's professions that is medicine and law.
- Medico-legal experts can provide a link between these two professions for the smooth and effective functioning in a scientific manner.
The following subjects deal with all the above aspects of the law and medicine.
- Forensic medicine
- Medical jurisprudence
Forensic medicine: - The application of medical knowledge to the investigation of crime, particularly in establishing the cause of injury or death.
Medical jurisprudence:- It is an application of medical science to legal problems. It is typically involved in a case concerning blood relationships, mental illness, injury, or death resulting from violence.
Toxicology: - The study of the nature, effects, and detention of poisons (toxins) and the treatment of poisoning. It is a scientific study of adverse effects that occur in living organisms due to chemicals.
Duties and medical ethics of medical jurisprudence.
Medical jurisprudence deals with the legal responsibilities with particular reference to those arising from the physician-patient relationship such as:-
- Negligence cases
- Right and duties of a doctor
- Serious professional misconduct
- Medical ethics
Scope of medical jurisprudence.
According to law, the law and medicines relationship has two legal aspects.
- Medical jurisprudence
- Forensic medicines / legal medicine
The scope of both of these is to associate and help the investigation and jury to ascertain the mystery of unnatural death and other criminal offense such as murder, rape, hanging accidents .etc.
The studies are done for the purpose to know.
- Cause of death
- Time since death
- Mena of death
- Nature of injuries
- Nature of death
- Weapon used
- Possibilities of poisoning