The Niti Aayog Internship for 2023 is now open for applications. The internship will take place in October and will last for 6 weeks. Please note that this is an unpaid internship. The deadline for applications is October 10th.
About Niti Aayog Internship
The NITI Aayog is the top public policy think tank of the Government of India. Its aim is to promote economic development and encourage cooperative federalism.
The Prime Minister serves as its Chairperson, and the current Vice Chairperson is Suman Bery. Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh, Nirmala Sitaraman and Narendra Singh Tomar are the ex-officio members of the organization.
About Niti Aayog Internship
If you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student or a research scholar enrolled in a recognized university or institution in India or abroad, you can apply for the NITI Aayog Internship Scheme.
During the internship, you will work closely with NITI’s verticals, divisions, or cells. To apply, you need to fill out the registration form online.
To allow short-term exposure of “selected candidates ” with the different Verticals/ Divisions/Units of NITI Aayog, Government of India as Interns.
- To allow young academic talent to be associated with the NITI Aayog’s work for mutual benefit.
- The interns shall have an opportunity to know about the Government functioning and Developmental Policy issues in the Government of India and contribute to the Policy formulation by generating policy inputs such as empirical analysis, briefing reports, policy papers, etc.
Mode of internship
Bonafide students of any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- Undergraduate students, having completed/appeared in the term end exams of second year I 4th, semester of the bachelor degree course and secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed/ appeared in the term-end exams of the first year/2nd semester of their postgraduate program or pursuing research/PhD and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission to higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that they have secured 7 Ooh or more cumulative marks in all the years/ semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of the result of the final exam and the desired month of the internship should not exceed six months e.g. if the result is declared in the month of June then he/she can apply for the internship beginning til1 the month of December.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of the post.
The period of the Internship shall be at least six weeks but not exceeding six months. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.